Saturday 22 November 2014

Il Tocco d'Artista, Ballards Lane, North Finchley. Hit and miss local Italian

16th October 2014
Italian eateries abound, and are of variable quality, but usually are idiot-proof.
I was invited to share lunch with an old friend, who thought highly of the place. I have been there before for dinner, which was ok, and some friends went there for dinner and were mightily disappointed. The key attraction on this occasion was their bargain lunch at £6.95 for any pizza/pasta and a drink, which could be a glass of wine. For that sort of money it was almost risk free.

The place was busy for a Thursday lunchtime and although we had not booked, we arrived early enough for a table. I guess a casual caller coming later might have been disappointed. To keep things simple I ordered a pizza (which would have been priced nearer to £9 not at lunchtime, and a cup of coffee.
To be honest, as this was a chatting lunch, the speed of service was not an issue, and I don't remember how fast or slow it came. I cannot remember the exact name of this ham pepperoni and onion pizza, and there is no online presence to extract the information from. Suffice it to say, it was huge, hot (8.5) and tasty. A bargain lunch for £6.95. 
Whilst I might not go there again in the evening, you can do a lot worse for a cheap and tasty lunch. I will be lunching there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment