Tuesday 25 June 2013

Kings Head, Bexley: Pub Grub

25th June
I quite regularly meet ex work colleagues, and sometimes those that still work with me at the King's Head pub in Bexley Village on the high street. On a Friday it is packed with pay-packet drinkers, but early on in the week, it can be a pleasant place for lunch. I have eaten there many times over the years and my favourite lunch there is their smoked salmon salad. Not hot obviously, but a treat.
Its a generous mixture of smoked salmon, cole slaw, hot boiled new potatoes and salad. It was £6.50 last year, but this year has gone up to £7.50, which, whilst not as much of a bargain, is still a very fair price for the quality plate that it is. Comparable with other pubs in the area. I will definitely be going there again, as I have not found anywhere else in the area that matches it. Other food is also available including typical hot pub lunch dishes. Recommended, but not on a Friday lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment