Saturday 22 December 2012

Hotel Gendarm Nouveau Berlin

20th November
I have written a review on tripadvisor about the hotel, but just wanted to mention the breakfast in the Panorama room, for which normal paying guests would be charged 23.50 euros
Whist the cold collation was of excellent quality with fine fresh fruits and cheeses and smoked salmon, the hot food was a great disappointment. I was the first one into breakfast as evidenced by the top picture. The hot food had presumably been put out at least half an hour before, and the eggs were solid, and unappetizing - I did not even bother. The sausages could have been excellent, but were lukewarm, and barely scored a six on the CHOF scale. I do not know why hotels thing is it OK to put out scrambled eggs to be allowed to congeal and go cold and solid, What is even more amazing is that people actually will eat them and not complain. I know it can be done better, and whilst I recognize that there is not the critical mass in small hotel to have staff cooking live, on the other hand, there are sufficiently few guests that there could be more personal attention. I think the problem here was the six floors that separated the main breakfast restaurant from the panorama room. If I had been a paying guest, I would have complained bitterly. As to panorama, that is a misnomer, as the best it can be described as is Roof Top view, but it is of the Gendarmmarkt, so that was probably ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment