Thursday 1 November 2012

Olympus Fish

Sunday 28th Oct
Even though we had been out for lunch that day, a prior booking with old friends took us to the Olympus fish restaurant in Finchley. Seemingly run by Greek Cypriots (presumably alluding to the name), but patronised heavily by the local Jewish population, this unprepossessing small restaurant serves excellent fish but is not big on seafood of other types (presumably responding to their client base). It is a well known local institution, and I gather they do a very good pensioners lunch, should I ever need one.
I ordered a grilled haddock, which came with either chips or baked potato and salad
 This was of excellent quality, and freshly cooked and my companions meals were equally satisfactory. It was sufficiently hot (7.5). The staff were helpful and obliging. The menu is fairly short, and if you don't like fish, there is very little else to choose. I can't remember what the exact price was, but it was something of the order of £12 for this main course, and the overall pricing was about £10-14 for a main course. I was sufficiently impressed by the firm, well cooked, but not overcooked flaky white grilled fish, that I will definitely be going there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment