Tuesday 29 December 2015

Can you spare me the price of a cup of Joe: Magazine restaurant, Serpentine Gallery, London

22nd December 2015
I have often been asked if I could spare the cost of a cup of coffee by street vagrants/homeless/beggars. But what is the cost of a cup of coffee in London? I know that the cost of the ingredients? Depending on what you drink, and the size, the cost this year is somewhere between 11-20p, excluding labour costs, and the most expensive part of the components being the cardboard cup possibly.
An average cost of a cup in a coffee shop is about £2.20-£2.40, and if it is more than that I would regard it as being expensive.
I know this is not a coffee shop, but the small Americano coffee here sells at £3/cup, making the cost of a coffee stop of two cups and a piece of cake £10 without service. That is Nordic levels. I know it is a nice enviroment and we were served, with some reluctance, but the prices is a joke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment