Friday 15 November 2013

Wetherspoons at the Tally Ho!, North Finchley: good food but uneven service

12th November
For a change we wanted to try out a local cheap pub restaurant. I have reviewed J D Wetherspoon before, and as the menus are national, I had not intended to mention it again.
However, on this occasion, I scaled back from the large mixed grill to the normal size one (good idea). What was not good was the fact that it took one hour from placing our order for it to arrive, and it was of mixed hotness (7.6-8.5). There was some weak excuse about the chef having cut his finger. However other diners did not experience the delay we suffered. The staff said that we should have shouted for the main course once we had finished the starter.
This was actually a great shame, as the food was great, and was very competitively priced for the quality. I would like to try it again, but next time, I will be very clear to the staff about the fact that normally it is expected that if stater and main course are ordered, it is a reasonable expectation for one to follow the other in fairly quick order. As you have to pay up front, there was little that could be done. Although there was a trace of apology (mainly trying to tell us it was our own fault for not coming and asking for the food to be served) there was not even an offer of a compensatory sundae. There is an argument for not going back there again, but I am not one to cut my nose off to spite my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment