Monday 1 July 2013

Royal Park Hotel, Lancaster Gate: I hope I don't have to go back there

24th June 2013 (slightly out of sequence, but inserted for the sake of completeness and interest)
I was participating in a media bash again. The Royal Park Hotel describes itself as a boutique hotel out of the center of  London, and is a stone's throw from Lancaster Gate underground station. The name is a bit of wishful thinking as it is near a Royal Park, and looks somewhat mundane from the exterior (although there is a smart concierge person) Web site is http://www.theroyalpark.com/the-hotel  For a night with B and B in mid October, you can expect to pay about £250.
It has one function room as far as I can see. Dinner, once again was served buffet style, but I think someone had forgotten to light the burners in the serving baine maries.

It was grim, and the food was served cold and under- cooked. Salmon was just about eatable and the beef was awful. There is rare and rare, and this was rare and cold. No better than a 4.9 on the CHOF scale. I hope I do not have to go back there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment