Wednesday 20 February 2013

foodstagramming part 2

The following caught my attention on the Love Food mailing list. If a restaurant is truly satisfied with the products it produces, and the atmosphere, then they ought to love people remembering and communicating the message. After all, any use of social media is free advertising for them, and many restaurants have a facebook page (I do not like anything on facebook) For me, the digital photo is a way of conveying the reality of what happened to me.
http://www.lovefood.com/journal/opinions/19679/should-cameras-be-banned-in-restaurants
What is more of an issue is the general change in social acceptability of using IT/phones on the tables. Personally, I would never talk on a mobile phone in a restaurant except for anthing other than an emergency: even so, I would leave the table to find a spot where no one was disturbed or knew my business.
Another thing is parents permitting children to play on hand held games at the table, but there again, plenty of family restaurants provide children's distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment